Saturday, November 06, 2010

Performance issues

I'll probably be making another release soon, but right now I'm pulling my hair out, trying to find a performance issue with pathfinding that crept in at version 1.1.02.  If you go back versions you'll see that 1.1.00 had noticeably faster response when moving large selections of units.  The problem is that I cannot for the life of me figure out what was added to cause this change in behavior, and I've gone through almost every bit of code in each version.

The good news is that the next version will have reduced network traffic needs, but until I can get the local performance issue resolved (which also affects 1.1.05), you won't even notice the improvement.

Also keep in mind that I will be working a lot and then leaving for my long vacation (DONATE PLEASE!), so I probably won't be making more updates until the next year.  If I do, they will be mostly bugfixes.