First of all, I've updated the Preview 4 single-player download to back-port some changes I made recently. Additionally, you'll be up against two computer opponents now instead of one. I look forward to people's feedback on the new zoom level and the way harvesting works now. I'm only putting up the one with embedded music from now on, since I haven't seen many people opt to get the smaller version.
- Completed preliminary player input structure
- Refineries now cost 400 credits, but normal Harvesters are free (Armed harvies cost 150). Also, Harvesters take 150% more time to construct. This is an experimental update based on some player ideas and may not reach release
- Added global zoom-out function and graphics (this effectively scales out the minimap to fill the whole main screen when active)
- Added wormsign visuals and controls
- Added TechLevel information to all menu items in preparation for future game option
- Added additional sound fx and sprite creation (craters, explosions, etc)
- Fixed several small glitches
- Re-added config file loading/saving
Soon I'll be diving heavy into the input structure. This will entail me setting up a new game environment where I can start to give myself control as a player, and then completing all the network versions of the input functions. So, it may be a while before the next update, but progress will be ongoing.